Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking
L&R Medical UK Ltd (L&R) are committed to ensuring that no Modern Slavery or Human Trafficking exists within our supply chain or within any area of our organisation.
Modern slavery encompasses; slavery, servitude, human trafficking and forced labour. L&R have a zero tolerance approach to any form of modern slavery and are committed to acting ethically, with integrity and transparency in all business dealings and in to putting effective systems and controls in place to safeguard against any form of modern slavery taking place within the business or our supply chain.
L&R are a UK based medical device manufacturer and are a subsidiary of the global group; Lohmann & Rauscher GmbH, Neuwied, Germany.
We operate a number of internal policies to ensure that we are conducting business in an ethical and transparent manner. These include:
1. Recruitment policy- We operate a robust recruitment policy, including conducting eligibility to work in the UK checks for all employees to safeguard against human trafficking or individuals being forced to work against their will
2. Whistleblowing Policy- We operate a whistleblowing policy so that all employees know that they can raise concerns about how colleagues are being treated, or practices within our business or supply chain without fear of reprisals
3. Code of Conduct- Global document which explains the manner in which we behave as an organisation and how we expect our suppliers and contractors to act
4. Labour Standards Policy & Operating Procedure- Demonstrates the organisation’s commitment to all aspects of the LSAS
We conduct due diligence on all suppliers before allowing them to become a preferred supplier and throughout the lifecycle of the business relationship. This can include online searches to ensure that a particular organisation has never been convicted of offenses relating to slavery, or within breach the LSAS.
In addition to the above and as part of our contract with suppliers, we require that they regularly confirm that:
1. They have taken steps to eradicate modern slavery within their business
2. They hold their own suppliers to account in regard to modern slavery
3. They pay their employees at least the national minimum wage/national living wage
4. They pay their employees any prevailing minimum wage applicable within their country of operations
A402 V2.2 11/05/2023
We may terminate the contract at any time should any instances of modern slavery come to light.
Training is conducted so that our employees understand the signs of modern slavery and what to do if they suspect that it is taking place within the business or our supply chain.
Our performance indicators
We will know the effectiveness of the steps that we are taking to ensure that slavery and/or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain if:
• No reports are received from employees, the public, or law enforcement agencies to indicate that modern slavery practices have been identified
Where possible we build long standing relationships with suppliers and we have an expectation of their business behaviour. We expect those within our supply chain and contractors to comply with the values as set out in the L&R Code of Conduct statement, which is provided to all suppliers for their agreement and compliance.
L&R Medical will continue to have initiatives in place for a due diligence process for slavery and human trafficking.
For and behalf of L&R Medical UK Ltd