HSJ PARTNERSHIP AWARDS DECLARED L&R MEDICAL AND SOUTH WEST YORKSHIRE PARTNERSHIP FOUNDATION TRUST AS A WINNER
L&R Medical and South West Yorkshire Partnership FT are delighted to announce that they have won the award for Most Effective Contribution to Clinical Redesign.
On 24th March 2022, in a private ceremony, the HSJ Partnership Awards awarded the Most Effective Contribution to Clinical Redesign to L&R Medical and South West Yorkshire Partnership Foundation Trust for reducing the burden of wounds through workforce optimisation.
Following a rigorous judging process, involving a wide panel of judges from across the healthcare sector, L&R Medical and South West Yorkshire Partnership Foundation Trust have been chosen as a finalist and then a winner in recognition of their innovative and collaborative partnerships with the NHS over the past 12 months, in a challenging time in healthcare.
Why did they win?
The award was presented by Tina Jegede, Joint Director of Equality & Inclusion – Queen’ Nurse & Nurse Lead for Care Home, Whittington Health & Islington Council.
The judges felt that.. “the project achieved impressive results with regards to the impact on workforce utilisation and patient empowerment while ensuring high standards of clinical outcomes. There is considerable potential for the approach to be rolled out rapidly and at scale across the country which is likely to result in significant savings of care hours needed as well as cost, while allowing patients to have more flexibility with regards to their care”.
Find out more on the project:
In partnership with L&R UK, South West Yorkshire Partnership Foundation Trust, transformed leg ulcer service provision by implementing a self care delivery model to revolutionise the way care is delivered across the trust.
Basing the results on a 100,000 patient population they achieved the following savings:
• £903,500 reduction in total treatment costs
• £226,000 reduction in product costs
• 11,600 nursing hours released back to care, which is 6 nurse FTE
72% of Wounds healed by week 18, with 99% of wounds healed by week 42.
In addition to the above, they significantly improved staff wellbeing and sustainability outcomes, making a positive change in both areas.
On winning the award, Jon Browne, Managing Director, L&R Medical UK said:
“We are delighted to have won the Most Effective Contribution to Clinical Redesign HSJ Partnership Award alongside South West Yorkshire Partnership Foundation Trust. I wish to personally congratulate the dedicated staff from the Trust and the L&R team members that have worked together to deliver this replicable transformation-which delivered wide-reaching clinical, health economic, sustainability and well-being outcomes for those impacted by venous leg ulceration. This initiative embodies our purpose to Inspire People, Improve Health and Transform Care and we hope this empowers other organisations to embrace a self-care model to replicate the improvements observed in South West Yorkshire.”
L&R are working with a number of trusts across the UK to implement and replicate these results. Interested in finding out more: https://mailchi.mp/lrmed.uk/x0jkpd03zq
For more information visit: https://www.hsj.co.uk/partnership-awards/hsj-partn...
- TytoCare and Yorkshire and Humber Academic Health Science Network and West Yorkshire Health and Care Partnership, South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw Integrated Care System and Humber, Coast and Vale Health and Care Partnership: Digital Innovation to Protect the Vulnerable
- Baxter Healthcare and Manchester University FT : Working in Partnership to Create Drain-Free Day Case Parotidectomy Surgery
- Daiichi Sankyo and Stoke-on-Trent CCG on behalf of Staffordshire STP : Making Behaviour Change Happen: Remote Clinical Support of AF Management by General Practice Nurse Digital Champions
- Redmoor ELC Partnership and Welsh Government : Transforming Outpatient Services Through Video Group Clinics
- Refero & St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals Trust : Multi-Party Digital Engagement Platform
- UCLPartners & Barts Health Trust : Bedside Learning Coordinator Approach to Care Redesign
NOTES TO EDITORS
For more information relating to L&R Medical please contact:
Tel: 08450 606 707 / 44 (0)1283 576800
For more information/media enquiries relating to the 2022 HSJ Partnership Awards, please contact Rebecca Bright via Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org.
L&R has more than 160 years of experience in developing outstanding wound care and compression therapy solutions.
As a trusted, innovative and sustainable partner, we are positioned to support the NHS in overcoming the challenges they face in the provision of wound care, improving patient and health economic outcomes.
We collaborate extensively with leading clinicians to:
· provide evidence-based solutions that deliver clinical transformation and service efficiencies, backed by education and coaching.
· ensure that we can offer the support you need to raise standards of wound care enabling you to improve patient outcomes and meet targets.
For more information visit L&R’s website: www.lohmann-rauscher.co.uk
ABOUT THE HSJ PARTNERSHIP AWARDS.
The HSJ Partnership Awards celebrate and showcase
collaborations and partnerships driving transformations and improving patient
outcomes across the NHS.
Health Services Journal is the only title to cover all aspects of publicly funded healthcare, providing news, analysis, best practise information from some of the most powerful and respected figures in health. The HSJ audience is formed of healthcare leaders from both clinical and non-clinical backgrounds and both public and private sectors.
HSJ is published by Wilmington PLC, a company dedicated to providing information and training to professional business markets. Their publications across the Health, Risk and Compliance, Finance, Legal and Insight sectors are united by one common aim- to turn knowledge into advantage. Wilmington PLC enables professionals to enhance performance and innovation by providing high quality, relevant and reliable information, education and knowledge.
View all blog posts